The kids can't get enough of these, and I often have one for breakfast with a coffee! Super easy, nutritious and delicious too!
What you need:
1/2 banana (I keep frozen peeled banana halves in the freezer)
half a cup of raspberries (frozen or fresh)
200 ml (around half a cup) of apple juice
200 ml (around half a cup) of milk / oat milk / almond / cashew milk
What you do:
Just put all the ingredients together in a blender, and blend until smooth, and that's it!
- if you use frozen banana and raspberries then the smoothie is much colder and creamier
- I find with most smoothies they work well if you use half apple juice and half milk or a milk alternative
- I love oat milk in smoothies, they make them taste really good!
- You could freeze this and it's like a healthy sort of ice cream!
- If you put in less liquid (ie juice and milk), then it will be really thick like ice-cream, kids love it!
- Instead of raspberries you could use any of these instead: strawberries, blueberries, mango, spinach etc!
- If you want you can add extra superfoods such as bee pollen / flaxseed / chia seeds / collagen etc!
- If you prefer a more GREEN smoothie then try this one!