This tart is super easy, and perfect for a light summer lunch with a green salad. You can make it with normal puff pastry, or with gluten free pastry. (Just Roll do an amazing gluten free puff pastry that tastes just like the real thing!)
What you need:
- a couple of packets of chopped mediterranean veg (onions, peppers, courgette etc) for ease - or of course feel free to chop your own!
- a pack of cherry tomatoes
- a jar of green pesto (i like the fresh stuff the best!)
- ready rolled Just roll puff pastry
- a pack of mozzarella, chopped
- green salad
- pine nuts
- fresh basil
What you do:
Add all the veggies to a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil (i love the garlic infused one) and season well. Put them in the oven at around 180 degrees for around 20 mins, until cooked.
Unroll the pastry and place on a baking tray, I keep it on the baking paper it is rolled in as then it won't stick! Spread over a generous layer of pesto, evenly, across the puff pastry. Add the roasted vegetables and the mozzarrella pieces and put it in the oven at around 180 degrees for around 15 mins until cooked and pastry has puffed up a bit. Tear up a handful of basil leaves and scatter over the top. Serve with a green salad drizzled with oil and balsamic glaze and pine nuts. And that's it! Enjoy xx