I love black pepper. Always have. I put it on EVERYTHING, even sweet things! like porridge! Love the little kick it gives. And what's more, it turns out it has lots of astonishing health boosting properties too!
- Improves digestion - consumption of pepper increases the hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, thereby facilitating digestion
- Prevent the formulation of intestinal gas (!)
- Aid weight loss
- Provides respiratory relief
- Antibacterial qualities
- Contains antixoxidiants so helps reduce risk of cancer
- A rich source of minerals such as manganese, calcium, phosphorous & iron and vitamins such as riboflavin, vitamin c, K and B6 and also dietary fibre
- Aid sinusitis, asthma and nasal congestion
- Reduce heart and liver ailments
- Improve cognitive function and reduce memory impairment
- Treat peptic ulcers
So perhaps that's why we all love it, subconsciously we know it's great for us! Happy grinding!