Zoom and other such video calls are brilliant during this time when we can't see our family and friends...and I'm loving seeing loved ones, albeit in on a screen! I am finding however, that particularly with larger groups, and with kids, it helps to have some kind of focus, like a quiz, or joke telling, or a game such as 'Who am I'. I wrote these questions for the kids who had a Zoom quiz with their friends yesterday, and thought I might as well share, as they might come in handy for a rainy day Zoom quiz for your kids and their friends! xx
- Which English football team plays its home matches at Old Trafford?
- In the medical profession, what do the initials ‘GP’ stand for?
- Maris Piper and King Edward are varieties of what?
- What is the chemical formula for carbon dioxide?
- Who was our prime minister before Boris Johnson?
- What is the capital of Germany?
- How many grams are there in a kilogram
- How many legs does a crab have
- How many holes are there on a golf course?
- What is the fastest animal on land?
2. which is the longest river in the world?
3. which is the highest mountain in the world?
4. what is spinach renowned for being high in?
5. What’s the total number of dots on a pair of dice?
6. which planet is closest to earth?
7. Which part of the body would a chiropodist treat?
8. if you are diabetic, what can your body not produce?
9. which science is the study of rocks?
10. cocker and springer are what breed of dogs?
1. if you are coeliac, what can you not eat?
2. which science is the study of birds?
3. where is the hottest place on earth?
4. how many legs does a spider have?
5. what are carrots supposed to be good for?
6. traditionally, what are made and repaired by a cobbler?
7. if something has a pH of 2, is it acidic or alkaline?
8. what material are aeroplanes made from?
9, what do botanists study?
10. what is gravity?
Here are the answers:
1. Man United.
2. General Practitioner
5. Teresa May
2. The Nile
3. Mount Everest
3. Death valley, California
5. Vitamin A - for seeing in the dark
10. Downwards force