These books are the best non-fiction books I have ever read, and all affected my life in a very positive way! In the order I read them:
1. The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dan. A children's book that I read when I was around 8 years old. It gave me an insight into the minds of animals and definitely contributed to me being vegetarian, and to my degree in biological sciences.
2. The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins. This book is a real game changer! I read it while studying Zoology at University. It pretty much over turned every belief I held about the world, but in a good way - animal behaviour (including humans of course!) suddenly made sense! A definite must read that will definitely change your view of life.
3. The Heart of Parenting by John Gottman
. I read this a few years after I had the kids - it's just such a great book on parenting in general but in particular on how to raise emotionally intelligent kids.
by Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles: The japanese secret to how to lead a long and happy life. It's all about finding your reason for being, and tips on how to be healthier!
5. The Chimp Paradox
by Dr Steve Peters - how to manage your mind more effectively, in particular, how to keep the 'inner chimp' part of your brain under control and be calmer, happier and more popular!
6. How to win friends and influence people
by Dale Carnegie. Amazingly simple but easy to do tips such as smile, be a good listener, remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language!
7. Have you filled a bucket today
by Carole McCloud. I read this recently with the kids, it's just such a beautiful book about kindness, written in a way that's easy for kids to understand.
What are the books that changed your life? I'd love to know if you would like to post below! xx
Back to Little snippets of info that I think might be of some use to you! :-)